Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Pain builds Character?

I put my retainers in this week. I have not worn them since last fall, and consequently, my teeth have moved out of the beautiful positions into which my orthodontic work placed them years ago. Moving teeth hurts. Braces or retainer, the result is the same: pain, pain, and more pain. Combined with the inability to eat solid or hard food, I think my current experience will have a four-fold result.
1. I will have a pretty smile :)
2. I will lose weight as I eat mashed potatoes and Ibuprofen this week.
3. The imbalance of money in my cafeteria account will increase since I'm not buying anything.
4. I will build character. Many characters. And then I will keep them locked up in the trunk of a Volkswagen Beetle.

If you once suffered from braces- wear your retainer habitually! *Or be prepared for pain*