Sunday, October 31, 2004

Clippit: The Bottomless Pit of Wisdom and Information

Today, {or shall I say yesterday} when I opened up Microsoft word, the cute little paperclip, otherwise known as the Office Assistant popped up with his not-so-cute tip of the day. This time, he didn't have some advice about how "ctrl-alt-)*(^YTGFJDSI*Y&T^R@" will split something down the middle, insert a table, and remove all your Great Aunt Georgia's age spots. What a relief! I was shocked and amazed, and happy and confused all at once when I looked at the thought bubble coming from a silver paperclip currently engaged in batting his eyelashes at me.

The advice: "This is the last tip."

Does that mean he's never gonna give me a tip again? Just sitting and staring in silence, rolling his eyes to the left, and then to the right, and being helpful...

Perhaps, my Office Assistant expired. Its now time to move on, get a new cute little figure to sit in the upper right hand corner of my computer screen and give me random tips to complex for my simple mind to process. The choice is hard: Do I want The Dot, Mother Nature, Merlin, F1, The Office Logo {stimulating!} Links, or Rocky?

The worse possible option is that this being the last tip, the cycle of interactive paperclip tips will start again. That being the case, I will spend my time searching through the tips searching for any and all that have meaning, relevance, significance, importance, humor, or are understandable to the plebian person. Then I will let you know about them. Worry not, I will be posting again when I reach the end of the cycle and get to the tip, which is "the last tip.” Promise!

Wish me luck! I've owned this computer for 3 years and have just now gotten through all the tips. Its gonna be a long, hard, slog.