Saturday, November 06, 2004

Sunscreen Helps

My cheeks are glowing red, my nose could be mistaken for Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer's, and my face is burning. Well, the lower half is. The upper half has mercifully escaped the murderous rays of the sun god as they bounce up from the crystalline white ski slope and scorch the unprotected faces of eager snow sport enthusiasts. *Except the idiots on "snowbikes" who deserve to be scorched, cut of, run into trees, and kicked off the mountain.*

What I'm really saying is that I have "Goggles Tan," a phenomenon the occurs when one goes snowboarding, wearing a hat, goggles and other necessary gear, and somehow forgets to apply sunscreen to the lower half of one's uncovered face. Actually, right now, I have something resembling "Goggles Burn" but it will turn into a nice, handsome tan in a few days. I assure you!

Moral of the story: Mom is usually right.